Youth at Riverside
Bookings for the Scripture Union – Ayrshire Secondary Weekend Away is now open!
The weekend runs 2nd-4th November at Lendrick Muir near Kinross. If you would like to join us for an amazing weekend of encountering God, growing in faith, fun activities, worship, great teaching and great food, then get yourself booked in by using one of the links below. There is also a brochure that will give you more details about our time away. We’re looking forward to enjoying a fab weekend away with you-
Here at Riverside Church we want to invest in our children and young people to help them be closer to God and become the best they can be. So there are regular youth events going on through out the year that young people can choose to be part of. If you are S1-S6, or have a young person that age, and are looking for a place to belong then we’d love for you to join us.
So what is what on our programme?
- Socials run most Fridays or Saturdays. If you can imagine it we’ll do it. Just as long as its fun and we’re safe, we’ll be up for it.
- YF run on Sunday evenings and is a place where we take time to spend time in God’s presence together. We do this through worship, exploring different topics of faith and digging deeper into our relationship with God through fun, creativity and interactive sessions. Having a laugh but also being serious about gaining a deeper understanding of our God and our faith.
- Bible Study pretty much do what it says on the box. They usually run in homes on a Wednesday evening. It is a time of worship, contemplation and study with lots of opportunity to dissect the bible in more detail.
- Joint events with other local churches includes Worship Nights, Socials, Outings and an annual Weekend Away.
- SU (Scripture Union) Weekends are a great way to get to know other young people who love Jesus and want to grow closer to Him. We have the opportunity to join these week/ends away throughout the year.
- Soul Survivor Scotland is a very exciting 5 day youth conference that runs at Lendrick Muir, Kinross during the summer holiday. It involves camping, lots of worship, good teaching and great food (because we have amazing cooks).
If you have any questions or need more information, please give the church office a call or contact Scholtz (our Youth Pastor) at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively link with us on Facebook or Instagram via the icons below, for regular updates.
Here are all the dates for what we’re up to for this term. Please give us a call, email or contact us on social media if you would like time and/or venue details. We’ll be happy to help and looking forward to seeing you around.
If you prefer a printable version of what’s going on in our youth work, click on the programme below which will take you to a PDF version with the option to print.