The church has now re-opened but with a limited number in attendance. The current government guidance means that we can only have up to a maximum of 40 people in attendance at a service, including, the worship team, speaker, & stewards. With all this in mind we need to establish a system that is fair and gives everyone a chance to attend if they so desire to do so. We have updated the general guidance, see below, and ask that you comply with this guidance prior to booking a seat. We will ask you to confirm this before booking.
If you would like to attend an upcoming Sunday Service, we would ask you to contact Jim Cobb at the Church Office on 01292 262686 or email@example.com on Monday or Tuesday morning. If, we reach capacity we will let you know and give you the option to reserve a seat for the next Sunday.
Although, you may have already indicated that you are willing to attend a service this is not taken as a standing order that you are attending every week. You will need to contact the office each week to reserve your place.
We hope that this will give everyone, who would like to come along to church, the opportunity to do so.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to get in touch.
General Guidance for attending a service
In order to comply with the current Scottish Government guidance there are a few things we need to do to ensure that we all stay safe. Firstly it goes with out saying that please stay at home if you;
- Have signs of a fever or a high temperature
- Have a persistent cough or respiratory problems.
- You currently have a loss of taste or smell
- You have had contact with any possible source of the virus.
Additionally, we would ask you to confirm you have been following “Covid protection, ‘Stay at Home’ guidelines which include:
- Meeting others indoors (socialising): W.E.F. from 17th May you can meet 6 people from 3 households indoors in your home or in their home. You no longer need to physically distance.
- Meeting others outdoors (socialising): W.E.F from 17th May , you can can meet in groups of up to 8 people from 8 households outdoors in your garden or a public place.
If you have not been adhering to Covid protection ‘stay at home’ guidelines and have been in other peoples homes or they have been in your home, have met others outdoors (outwith the maximum numbers) we ask you not to attend the church service as you will be putting other people at risk. We ask you to attend our online services instead.
When attending church;
- Please arrive in plenty of time to avoid queuing.
- Follow the one-way system in operation.
- Use the hand sanitiser before entering.
- Face coverings should be worn at all times.
- Please remain in your seat at all times.
- Congregational singing.is not permitted.
In addition, you will be shown to a designated seat when you arrive and will be directed to leave, in an orderly fashion, at the end of the service. You are welcome to bring along a tea/coffee to the service but we ask that you take away any empty cups etc with you at the end of the service. The stewards or church staff will not be able to personally accept any items that you may want to pass onto the church office. We ask that you either phone the office directly or use email to communicate with us.
There will be an collection box at the rear of the church, as you leave, if you wish to make an offering to the church finances. If you choose to give in this way we ask that you donate by cheque and not cash. Please mark clearly on the envelope where you wish your donation to be directed e.g. general fund, mission etc. However, we recommend, for regular giving , that you set up a standing order, Details can be found on the church website.
After you exit the church can we ask that you please move away from the main entrance to the church and keep the front area of the church clear. This includes the entrance area to the centre downstairs.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding and despite the restrictions you will be blessed by being with us.